Friday, August 22, 2014

Stevia Select: Chocolate Raspberry Liquid Stevia Product Review

As most of you know I began a sugar free lifestyle back in March when I started Trim Healthy Mama, (affiliate) it has been life changing and I am loving it! (I will be sharing that journey with you soon!) When I started my search for sugar alternatives I had read that quality Stevia could be difficult to find. I stumbled upon Stevia Select while browsing Amazon.com and after reading all the positive reviews I thought I would give it a try.

I first ordered the 100% Pure Stevia Powder and was delighted to discover that not only did it taste great, it had none of the bitter after taste that I was warned about from other products. Since then I was able to be in contact with this family owned small business and I received a bottle of their Liquid Stevia in the Chocolate Raspberry flavor to review.
Stevia Selectpics
I was a little disenchanted at first since I normally do not like the blend of chocolate and fruit flavors (apart from the occasional chocolate covered strawberry). However, I was pleasantly surprised by this little bottle of Stevia. It has nice delicate raspberry flavor that isn't overwhelming.

I first tried it in a serving of plain Greek yogurt and it took about 10-12 drops to get to the sweetness level that I like but it blended in smooth and creamy. It left the best after taste, the kind that leaves you wanting just a little bit more.
Stevia Selectpics2
After that I used it in a cup of black coffee, and the warm drink really brought out the flavors. I didn't have to use as much, just 6-8 drops, and could really taste the fullness of the flavors better than in the yogurt. It was also just as yummy in a cup of hot Oolong tea {for those of you on THM: Chocolate Raspberry Shrinker! Yummy!} I discovered that, as the bottle states, it really does need a good shake between each use and the dropper works best when emptied completely after using to prevent clogging.

The real test was my beloved Chocolate Muffin in a Mug. I followed the recipe in the book and added 6-8 drops of the Chocolate Raspberry Liquid Stevia.
Stevia Selectpics3
Then I made a Chocolate Raspberry Whip to spread over my muffin. 
Because who doesn't love losing weight eating whip cream smothered chocolate muffins!?
I topped it with Skinny Chocolate chips and it was delicious! 
Stevia Selectpics4

I am very excited to have this product in my pantry and I cannot wait to try the other flavors Stevia Select has to offer.

Check out their website to learn more about this great company and order your Stevia today!

Until Next Time, 

Sonja


No comments:

Post a Comment