Friday, July 11, 2014

WASH - BRUSH - FLUSH. A bathroom sign project

My boys are growing up! They are learning to do things all on their own. It is a fun and very messy time in our lives. While they are working on mastering the ins and outs of daily life this summer, like proper hand washing, teeth cleaning, and toilet etiquette, keeping my calm and a decent reign on the mess is my goal!

My oldest loves lists and charts (like his Momma) so I decided it would be the best way to help them remember the steps. After searching Pinterest and not finding what I was looking for, I decided to make my own and here's how it turned out:

For each sign, I found free clip art that went along with the instructions that I had already been introducing to the boys. My oldest helped design the layouts and colors. Getting them involved always helps captivate their interest. 

The frames I had previously purchased for $0.25/ea at a local resale shop. I had planned on painting them, but the boys were so excited they couldn't wait for that step. 

We discovered front and center was the best location for remembering to follow each chart so I didn't even bother hanging them up. For less than $1.00 we have beautiful bathroom signs that are great reminders to my boys on the proper steps required for bathroom success! They love the pursuit of independence and I love this fun and cute way of helping them learn!

Thanks for stopping by I hope you all are having a great summer!

Until Next Time,

Sonja



No comments:

Post a Comment