Wednesday, February 3, 2016

"Noatmeal" a Hot Cereal Makeover - Dairy, Gluten, and Sugar Free (THM S)

My plans of writing more frequently have been interrupted by what I like to call "the blue screen of death." It is the error screen that shows up every time I turn on my PC informing me of its dismal state.

Until a decision is made on how to repair (or replace) it I am limited to the use of my smartphone. And it is just not the same as sitting down and using a keyboard. 

That being said I had to share my new favorite breakfast with you.

Having recently moved north we are adjusting to colder temperatures. I love it! I love fuzzy slippers, cozy sweaters, and sipping hot tea all day.

However, breakfast can get a little boring. I normally save eggs for dinner and now that I am gluten and dairy free I have even left my standard oatmeal breakfast behind. Thanks to Pinterest I found this recipe for Noatmeal and it hits the spot! It is fast, easy, warm, and filling. Everything I need in a breakfast. It has more of a Malt-o-meal texture than oats but it is just as versatile. Here is my take on the recipe:

Noatmeal
Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
2 Tablespoons Ground Flax
1/2 Cup Almond milk (or dairy free milk of choice)
1 Tablespoon Pyure Stevia
Pinch of Mineral Salt
Dash of Vanilla
Optional Add Ins:
Liquid Egg Whites (see note)
Cinnamon
Maple Flavor

Mix ingredients in small saucepan, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until desired thickness is reached. Mine takes approximately 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in desired add ins.

Transfer to bowl and serve (or save a dish and eat it straight from the pan) So easy!

Note: I wait to whisk in my egg whites until after cooking, but while still very hot. This adds a nice creamy protein source without adding any eggy flavor to the dish.

I hope you can enjoy your cozy winter morning even more with this yummy hot breakfast.

Until Next Time,
Sonja

No comments:

Post a Comment